top of page
  • Alejandro Barchine

Immigration movement

PURPOSE OF STATEMENT: Parent Petition by children at 18 years old

(Under current law, it's not until the child turns 21 that they can sponsor their parent for a green card. Now once they turn 21, they can file an 1-130 petition for an alien relative and sponsor their parents to come to the United States or to adjust their status here in the United States)

Hello, my name is Giulietta and I am 18 years old. I am a freshman at the University of Central Florida, majoring in Business in Real Estate, and in the process of pursuing my dream of becoming a professional woman soccer player and playing for the U.S. Women’s National Team. I was rewarded as a Top Ten Knight and got accepted to the LEAD Scholars Program. I am the daughter of an undocumented parent. Every day as I read the news, I see more and more immigrants crossing the border and officials transporting them to different locations to live. I question why the government is only focusing on these current immigrants and not on the undocumented immigrants who have been living in the United States for more than 20 years. These people work, pay their bills, and their taxes, contribute to the economy, and do everything that a citizen must do; however, they do not receive any benefits or privileges. They cannot live in peace knowing the risk they are taking in living in this country illegally. I, unfortunately, know many families and friends who cannot receive a work permit but yet still have to pay their income taxes. Meaning they don't have the legal right to work but if they do, they have to pay their taxes AND on top of that, they cannot receive any tax return. I know this because unfortunately, I live with people who have to deal with it. They also cannot fly out of the country because they do not have their proper documentation which creates a disadvantage for them because they cannot visit loved ones and it sabotages job opportunities. My mother has lived in Miami Beach for more than 20 years. She started by selling cans on the streets to owning her own small business. She is a responsible person who has never failed to pay her rent or taxes. On top of that, because of her legal status, she is not able to receive a tax refund which is unfair. I, unfortunately, can’t bring joy to my mom by sponsoring her residency because I am not 21 years of age. I believe that the law needs to be modified. If by 18 years of age, you are old enough to sign contracts, buy properties, be drafted into the military, purchase a weapon, and even have the right to vote for your representatives, then why can’t you also sponsor your parents? I ask for your collaboration to help initiate this change, for my family and for all the families who have been waiting for their freedom. I would like to introduce you to this website that was created about 10 years ago, ( This website is a proposed bill based on a reward program for immigrants with good conduct, for example, living a certain amount of years in the U.S., paying their taxes, having U.S born children, etc. If you would like to see more details, we will gladly send you more information regarding the bill. I know the misfortunes of being the daughter of illegal immigrants. To be able to free my mom and allow her to feel part of this country would be the greatest gift I can give to her. Please help this idea become a reality. Thank you for your time and please feel free to reach out to me. Your support is the key to our success. I know that we can achieve great things if we work together. Thank you, blessings!

2 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Exelente!!!!! Es una Ley justa y equitativa. Adelante, apoyemosla.-

bottom of page